Port of Port Angeles Commission Resolution 17-1156 encourages the use of Port facilities for appropriate public activities do not interfere with the day-to-day operations of the Port or its tenants and customers. The Executive Director is authorized to negotiate reduced fees for Port sponsored events and activities where the Port is not an active participant or events/activities of non-profit organizations which promote tourism, promote the use of Port facilities or benefit the citizens of Clallam County.
Please view the Current Waiver List to see examples of fees the Port Commission has recently waived in support of organizations in Clallam County.
Please complete our Application for Use of Port Facilities form to request a fee waiver from the Port.
Community Partner Program
The Port of Port Angeles’ 2019 Community Partner Program offers matching funds of up to $70,000 for use in eligible economic development projects, education projects, community events, and tourism promotion projects in Clallam County. To be eligible, the applicant must be a public or non-profit group or an incorporated or unincorporated small city of no more than 10,000 residents.
Tourism Promotion Project: A tourism promotion project attracts non-Clallam County residents to Clallam County to partake in the tourist event, program or activity.
Community Event: A community event is a local event or activity which may attract non-Clallam County residents. A community event must provide the Port the opportunity to educate and market the Port to the event attendees.
Education Project: An education project will identify, evaluate, and/or provide exposure to local needs and opportunities in the areas of workforce training, vocational outreach and/or career education for Clallam County residents in manufacturing and the skilled trades.
Economic Development Project: An economic development project promotes the creation and/or retention of jobs and the growth of household incomes in Clallam County, through the development of new industry and trades or through the expansion of existing industry and trades, including trades that rely on the use of Port properties and facilities.
How It Works
The Board of Commissioners determines the total funds available in any calendar year. For 2019, $70,000 will be available for eligible projects and events. No more than 33% of the funds will be for tourism promotion projects and community events. The remaining 67% will fund education and economic development projects.
The application window will open on October 1, 2018 and close at 5:00pm on October 31, 2018. Following the solicitation period, Port staff forward all eligible proposals to the Board of Commissioners by November 15, 2018. The Board will then award funds to the most worthy proposals, no later than December 1, 2018.
The number and value of individual awards may vary from year to year depending on the selections by the Board of Commissioners, available funds and the proposals submitted. Each successful applicant then has until the end of the 2019 calendar year to spend the project money and submit supporting documentation to the Port of Port Angeles for reimbursement. If funds are needed in advance, supporting documentation must be submitted to the Port of Port Angeles to substantiate and justify the pre-payment.
The Port's Waterfront Day is now the expanded Maritime Festival. More information to follow as the event gets closer.
When and Where:
Saturday, June 9, 2018 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the City Pier
Sunday June 10, 2018 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the East Port Angeles Boat Haven
Water based businesses and organizations in Clallam County
To celebrate the Port Angeles waterfront and discover one the northwest's great harbors!
Bring the family for:
- Tall Ships - Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftain
- Boat tours
- Boat manufacturing building tours
- Driving tours of Terminals (docks) 1 & 3
- Driving tour of Port's log yard
- Exhibits and demos
- Food and Music
- Kids scavenger hunt with prizes!!!
When and Where: Saturday, September 15, 2018 at the John Wayne Marina in Sequim, WA
Who: Open to the public to enjoy the John Wayne Marina and the boating culture it provides
Sponsored by: The Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe, the Port of Port Angeles and Masco Maritime
Bring the Family for:
- Music by Skip Kratzer, Marino & Myers, the Crocs, Village Heartbeat Drummers, Geoffrey Castle and Black Diamond Junction
- Vendors and exhibitors
- Reach for Hospice Regatta by the Sequim Bay Yacht Club
- Rowing race
- In-water rescue demonstration by the United States Coast Guard
- Beautiful views and great company!